Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurrah! Day 22 is here!! And yes, I did workout today. So did Husband actually. We did a circuit from my Women's Health Big Book of Exercises. Not sure if I've mentioned that before but it's a great resource for making up circuits. There are hundreds of exercises for every single body part.

Yesterday I did Vinyasa Basics across the street at The Toren. On the 30th floor, Yoga Local holds classes in an unleased unit. Having never done this type of yoga (I've only ever taken one beginner class at Crunch a while back), I was kind of nervous. I did not do fantastic but I did not totally suck either. I most definitely worked up a sweat. It lasted an hour and 15 minutes and by 10:15AM I was done working out for the day. Nice.

We did head into the city and got a lot of walking in.

Today I woke up 3lbs. lighter than day one and I feel they are 3 real pounds that will stay off and now that I am getting much more serious about my food, I am determined to keep the scale moving the right way!

Good news:

  • I woke up wondering what workout I should do today-- not "Awww man! Do I have to workout today?"
  • I halved my breakfast and didn't feel a bit deprived.
So I feel successful in the sense that I view my workouts as something I am going to do. Granted, I didn't work out on Friday, I got busy and when it gets too late (like after midnight), I feel creeped out hanging out in the gym alone. But-- as I was lying in bed that night, my body felt restless. I could feel the effects of not getting that physical release that day. When I workout, I feel good body and mind and when I don't work out, I feel bad body and mind. Hmph... whaddya know? This does not end now. I will keep checking in as the days go by; maybe not as often but I will try as this blog has kept me very accountable.

1 comment: