Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 19

Wait... I think today is Day 19. I'm pretty sure because yesterday I didn't work out-- I know but you know what? It's okay. I was talking to a friend on the phone and was wrapped up in receiving some exciting news (she is preggers!) and by the time we stopped screaming and giggling, it was just way too late to go down. But hey, that's life and I am learning to chill out a bit about the whole thing. I want to work out because I want to; not because exercise gods will smite me.

Which brings me to the main point that I wanted to address tonight: I feel great! I am eating better and am now at a point of.... accepting my workouts. I wouldn't say I dread them at all but rather view them as inevitable. My number one take away from this whole thing is that I can never say that I don't have the time to workout. I have time. I'd say that we all have the time. It is the deciding of how your time is going to be spent that is key.

I walk/jogged tonight Around 10:15PM. By the time I finished 2 miles (I detest running but was in the mood so I ran with it-ha!) and followed up with deep stretching, it was after 11PM. But so what? All I would have been doing otherwise is sitting around watching TV; which I can do while in the gym anyway. So there really isn't any reason not to. Plus-- I feel great! The physical release is so nice and I am proud of myself. What's better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment